Forum

Setting up TAO on a CPANEL shared hosting environment

Hi all,
I've been attempting to install TAO on a cPanel hosting package (NetVirtue & Hostpapa) with limited success Everything installs beautiful, database is configured and as soon as I log in and click anything, I'm immediately logged out.
I assume it is a configuration issue given that it is a cpanel environment and I can't manipulate the server directly. Has any had a similar issue and succeeded in getting TAO going?
Thanks
Adam

Comments

• Sounds like a PHP issue to me. I installed tao on GoDaddy's shared Linux hostinng with cPanel as a control panel. Installation went flawless but Deliveries didn't work. I rolled back from PHP v7 to v5 and everything worked as supposed. I suggest you to downgrade PHP and try.
  • Hi guys,

Having a too limited access to the server makes the debugging difficult. You should at least have access to server logs and you may enable TAO file logging.

For TAO 3.0 and 3.1, please use PHP 5.6. For TAO 3.2, please use PHP 7.0 only.

Regards,
    Cyril