Forum

My Tester is seeing blank page after choosing the test...

Hello,

I have created Test, assigned to tester's group and delivered it as well. My tester is able to login and also is seeing the tests available for him/her. However, on choosing the test to be taken S/he is seeing a blank page.

what am I doing wrong? any help is very much appreciated.

Comments

• Please take a look at the error message, either in your webserver logs, or in the Tao application logs:

https://hub.taocloud.org/articles/documentation-for-core-components/logger

• Thanks Joel for a quick reply? where exactly would I check these logs? do I have to configure something ? sorry for my lack of knowledge...

• Hello Joel - I have been able to check the php logs and found the following error. no clue how to fix this, though!

[06-Apr-2017 22:42:40 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use qtism\common\datatypes\Float as Float because 'Float' is a special class name in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/taoQtiTest/helpers/class.TestSession.php on line 31

Any pointers/help would be greatly appreciated

• Hi RAL,

It looks like you are using PHP 7 with TAO 3.1. That version was not compatible with this version of PHP.

Choose one of these solutions:
    - downgrade PHP to 5.6
    - upgrade TAO to the latest stable sprint

Regards,
    Cyril

• Thanks Cyril for the response. my PHP version as you can see below is 5.6.30

~ sysadmin$ php --version
    PHP 5.6.30 (cli) (built: Feb 7 2017 16:06:52)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies

DO you suggest I change it to 5.6? Also, will appreciate if you can please clarify if you are suggesting I re-install TAO

• Hi RAL,

I would suggest you to confirm that the PHP version used by the web server (and not PHP CLI) is really not the 7.x version. Please check using the phpinfo(), preferably from a page with restricted access.

Regards,
    Cyril