Forum

500 Internal Server Error, while create a delivery

When I to create a delivery, I get a “500 Internal Server Error” in my developement environment.
My dev instance configuration:
Web server : IIS8
TAO version : 3.2.0-RC2
Database : postgreSQL10
PHP version 7.0

also I found TAO only support php verion 5.x and not fully support 7.0. is that true. if so what is the solution for this issue.

Also please suggest, wethere I need to goback to PHP5.x version.

Comments

• Hi,

First, please don't create several topics for the same issue, please stick with the one category being the most relevant according to your issue. All recent discussions will be shown whatever category is chosen. Thank you.

Just to be clear: TAO 3.2 is fully compatible with PHP 5.6 and PHP 7.0, and that latter is the recommended version.

As you are using IIS as a web server, unfortunately we can only provide you with limited support. However, if you managed to install TAO and that it works up to the delivery creation, you are on the right path.

On your screenshot I can see some client side issue on the interface ('Select the test' is shown twice). It reminds me of an issue after upgrading from TAO 3.1 to TAO 3.2. Is that your case? Do you have more information shown in the Network tab of your web inspector? Which web browser did you use?

Regards,
    Cyril

• Hi Cyril,

Thanks for your feedback. Initially, I was posted my issue in support forum instead of developer’s forum, apologies for duplication.

To answer your question, we are very new to TAO, this is the fresh instance which is based on TAO_3.2.0-RC2_build, not upgrading from 3.1.

Irrespective of browser, we are facing the same issue, please find the below screen capture regarding network tab while performing this action.

Please guid us are we missed any specific configuration?

• The first thing you need to know about an "Internal Server Error" is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with our plugin. This is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

• edited June 21

Jomyver, thats not correct. If TAO for some reason fails with an exception you also receive HTTP 500 response code and an empty body, at least if you are not in debug mode... Also if TAO gets stuck in some exhaustive task and PHP either gets memory exhaust or timeout you will also recieve a blank body and a HTTP 500 response code.

But yeah, check your error logs. They are probably more helpful than asking here without further info.