Forum

Random Selection across sections

Hi, I have been evaluating the selection functionality. It seems to do random selection within a section. We have what I would call sub-sections that need random selection.
eg. Section 1 (Total Selection: 15) --> SubSec1 (10 Questions - 5 to be selected), Subsec 2 (10 questions - 5 to be selected), Subsec 3 (10 questions - 5 to be selected).

We could set the subsections as individual sections and have selection at these 3 sections level. But our requirement is to also shuffle across these 3 subsections so that these 15 questions will be shuffled all over.  

Is there anyway to achieve this?

Regards
Buggs.

Comments

• We could set the subsections as individual sections and have selection at these 3 sections level. But our requirement is to also shuffle across these 3 subsections so that these 15 questions will be shuffled all over.

Is there anyway to achieve this?

• Same with me. Do you have solution for this problem?

• So you'd want to shuffle selected items from multiple sections? I'm afraid that's not possible within QTI; you probably need an external CAT (Computer Adaptive Testing) algorithm for that.

Thanks,

Mark.