Forum

The class URI must be provided in the id parameter

I created a new instance in AWS cloud with an image created out of an existing working instance. on the new instance now when I try to create a new Item class it throws an error 'The class URI must be provided in the id parameter' . can anyone throw some light on what I am doing wrong here. I am using TAO 3.2

Comments

• RAL,

Check and make sure the apache and generis.conf.php files are correct for your new location.

Thanks,

Amy

• Hi Amy, I believe they are right as I compared them with the instance that is working, specifically the local namespace and ROOT URL.can you be little more specific if possible?

• Is the ROOT_URL pointing to the current machine or the one that was working? You may also need to set debug in that file so that you can get a more detailed error message.

Thanks,

Amy

• I have the root url pointing to 'my domain/taoplatform' and the domain is properly directing to my instance root which is where taopltform is installed. debug mode is currently false. I can set it true, but can you please guide me on the error file. I can attach that as well. apologies for the novice questions and thank you for your response and support

• RAL,

Please set it to debug and see if there's anything that stands out.

Thanks,

Amy

• I did set the debug mode to true; I did not see any difference on the front end. appreciate if you let me know which specific file I should look at. I will keep exploring myself too.

• Look in your data/tao/log/ directory.

• that directory I am seeing is empty. it does not have anything neither the files nor any subdirectories

• RALRAL
    edited April 26

however, I found error.log in /var/log/apache2 and it shows the below

[Fri Apr 26 19:06:06.796862 2019] [:error] [pid 27416] [client 172.31.9.26:38962] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getUri() on null in /var/www/taoplatform/tao/actions/form/class.Clazz.php:222\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/taoplatform/tao/helpers/form/class.FormContainer.php(100): tao_actions_form_Clazz->initElements()\n#1 /var/www/taoplatform/tao/actions/form/class.Clazz.php(62): tao_helpers_form_FormContainer->__construct(Array)\n#2 /var/www/taoplatform/tao/actions/class.PropertiesAuthoring.php(299): tao_actions_form_Clazz->__construct(Object(core_kernel_classes_Class), Array, Array, 'simple')\n#3 /var/www/taoplatform/tao/actions/class.RdfController.php(160): tao_actions_PropertiesAuthoring->getClassForm(Object(core_kernel_classes_Class))\n#4 /var/www/taoplatform/taoItems/actions/class.Items.php(229): tao_actions_RdfController->getClassForm(Object(core_kernel_classes_Class), Object(core_kernel_classes_Class))\n#5 [internal function]: taoItems_actions_Items->editItemClass()\n#6 /var/www/taoplatform/tao/models/classes/routing/ActionEnforcer.php(145): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#7 /va in /var/www/taoplatform/tao/actions/form/class.Clazz.php on line 222, referer: https:mydomain(replaced)/taoplatform/tao/Main/index?structure=items&ext=taoItems&section=manage_items

not sure if it helps identifying the issue.

Thanks a lot, Amy!

• is upgrade an easy and straight forward one. I have so much of content and I am a little scared doing it now. is upgrade the only option for the issue I am facing

• Unfortunately we do not have the upgrade path finalized as 3.3 is not in a final release state yet. However, there are a lot of bug fixes in it.

Thanks,

Amy