I'm no expert in LTI, but I have some experience with using LTI-based tools.
I have installed TAO Community Edition, in order to use it as an LTI-based tool.
Therefore, I did the following
* activated/installed all the plugins with LTI in their names
* created an account for my Moodle / Canvas LMS (I have access to both systems)
* Added TAO as an external tool with these credentials
* Created a few items, and combined them in a delivery
* added an activity in Moodle and in my Canvas LMS (using the Launch URL I could find with the Delivery)
The only thing I could see as an instructor was something like this
"Test 1" has been configured:
Selected Delivery Delivery of IPv4-adressering
From which I conclude that the LTI-link between my LMS and TAO did work.
Logged in as a student, I couldn't see anything.
How can I troubleshoot this?