Forum

I can't make youtube video link to work

i don't really sure which url i should use? the share url? the embed url? or the watch url? I've tried them all and the media interaction just shows black

Thx

Comments

• edited June 2017

The watch URL (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWSVUPSQqw) should work fine.
    If not, which version of TAO are you running on which client-environment (device, OS, browser).

Thanks,

Mark.

• Hi Mark, thanks for the response. Im running the latest stable community TAO build (3.1.0 RC7). im viewing in from my 64bit windows 10 using (nearly) latest chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit). anyone can confirm if this version of chrom work/no-work?

• edited June 2017

Hi everyone,

I tried to insert a youtube URL for the media-interaction. When i previewed the item, the video doesn't load and i got this log from my console:

I am using a Win7 PC with Firefox ver.54 running TAO 3.1 RC7. Trying the video for TAO 3.2 sprint50, it works just fine. Maybe the current stable release cannot handle the mediaelement?

Greetings
    Patrik

• Hi RenoWijoyo,

I can confirm the same bug in the 3.1.0-RC7 version. We may provide a fix, unless the first release candidate for TAO 3.2 comes out first.

Regards,
    Cyril