Forum

[Solved] Can't create deliveries.

Hi.

I just installed TAO 3 on Ubuntu. (no extension just fresh install)

Everything was fine until deliveries. I can't create any delivery, even with simplest 1 item in it.

The detailed error is:
The QTI Test XML or one of its dependencies is malformed or empty.

*During installation, there was an error message, maybe it was because of that error message.
(When I click OK on error message, browser forwarded me to login page.)

Can someone help me on this?

Comments

• Hi,

At least one of your QTI item is probably broken. Does the same error occur with preinstalled items?

Here is an old topic with the same issue reported: https://forge.taotesting.com/boards/6/topics/2932

Do not hesitate to share an excerpt of your items for a fix.

Regards,
    Cyril

• Hi,

I can create item and preview it. But when I create delivery, the error occurs. (with only 1 simple item of any type.)

I think there is some installation problem regarding "The QTI Test XML or one of its dependencies is malformed or empty" error message.

Can you give me any point to repair the installation?

• Hi,

You got some cryptic errors related to your DBMS at the end of the installation, however it may not be related to your error:
    2017-06-12 08:28:51 [ERROR] 'Error Occurs : An exception occurred while executing 'DELETE FROM statements WHERE subject = ?' with params ["http:\/\/www.tao.lu\/Ontologies\/TAO.rdf#installator"]:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away#0 /home/admin/web/ubuntu.example.com/public_html/tao/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(793): Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException::driverExceptionDuringQuery(Object(PDOException), 'DELETE FROM sta...', Array)
    #1 /home/admin/web/ubuntu.example.com/public_html/tao/tao/install/utils/class.DbalDbCreator.php(264): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeUpdate('DELETE FROM sta...', Array)
    #2 /home/admin/web/ubuntu.example.com/public_html/tao/tao/install/class.Installator.php(361): tao_install_utils_DbalDbCreator->removeGenerisUser()
    #3 /home/admin/web/ubuntu.example.com/public_html/tao/tao/install/services/class.InstallService.php(65): tao_install_Installator->install(Array)
    #4 /home/admin/web/ubuntu.example.com/public_html/tao/tao/install/api.php(307): tao_install_services_InstallService->execute()
    #5 {main}'  0
    2017-06-12 08:28:51 [INFO] 'An exception occurred while executing 'DELETE FROM statements WHERE subject = ?' with params ["http:\/\/www.tao.lu\/Ontologies\/TAO.rdf#installator"]:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away' /home/admin/web/ubuntu.example.com/public_html/tao/tao/install/class.Installator.php 388

Could you reinstall and make sure that those specific error are gone?

Also, which TAO version do you use? 3.1-RC7? 3.2.0 recent sprint?

Regards,
    Cyril

• Hi Cyril.

I'm using TAO 3.1.0-RC3 on Ubuntu machine.

When I delete all files and install again, same error occurred.

Is there any other way I can solve "The QTI Test XML or one of its dependencies is malformed or empty." problem?

• I just tried 3.1.0-RC7, same issue.

• I also found this error log.

Maybe this will give information to you on how to fix my problem.

• Cyril, I solved my issue.

The problem was, TAO enigne trying to write into system temp folder, which is outside the restricted area. So I changed system temp folder inside the web folder, so eveything is cool now.

Thank you anyway.

This discussion has been closed.

We use cookies on our website to support technical features that enhance your user experience. Cookie Policy Privacy Policy