Forum

Packaging PCI .zip

Hey,
I'm looking at making my own PCI's. Very early stages of learning how this is done. One early issue I've run into is uploading a PCI. Using already built PCI's that have been built and zipped off gihub I'm able to upload those no problem. If I take one of those built/zipped PCI's and unzipp it and rezip it (literally make no changes) and then try to upload it I get an error "ZIP package does not have a manifest at root path: imsPciCreator.json" (which is does have a pciCreator.json).

Let me be clear. .zip straight from developers gihub uploads fine. Unzip and rezip same PCI and I get the above error.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Can you provide a link?

• https://github.com/EJTH/open-tao-pcis in the folder 'builds' I was just using the 'wordrank' one. If I upload wordrank.zip into TAO it works just fine. If I unzip that folder and re-zip it I get the error.

So I'm wondering if there is something special in the process of zipping a PCI that I'm missing?

• I should state its not just the 'wordrank' pci, its any pci. If I unzip and rezip it without making any changes to the files within I get the error.

• @ejth is this something you can help with?

• I have tried it on both a MAC and Ubuntu machine. Both have the same issue....

• I will take a look at it.

• So its not a problem specific to my repo?

What zip program are you using?