Forum

Error accessing mysql db during installation

Just received this error during the installation:

An exception occurred while executing 'SHOW DATABASES':

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1227 Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SHOW DATABASES privilege(s) for this operation in /web/htdocs/training.gruppodaman.it/home/tao/install/class.Installator.php at line 442

I'm installing on a managed hosting, where I have some domains and applications.

I'm actually logged in using phpmyadmin in the DB so I know the user can access the server, but is a shared DB on an hosting, so maybe I'm not able to have the SHOW DATABASES on the MySql; may I proceed with this installation in some way?
Thanks

Comments

• Maybe there is something I can change in the class.installator.php to avoid the DB listing on the server?

• Made an edit to the install class, skipping the check of the existance of the db and worked. Thanks

• Make sure you did do grant all on the DB for your user and then flush privileges.

• Thanks Amy, this was not required. The issue is that the installer tried to find if the specified db already existed, but in a managed hosting environment we don't have users that can perform this kind of query. So I had to comment this part of the installer.
    Thanks!