Forum

Deployment for Mass Test Taker

1.With suitable and appropriate high end server hardware and network, can the platform support 1000 concurrent test taker?

2.Am not conversant with LINUX therefore can I deploy the solution on a window OS (which i was able to deployed on), especially XAMPP on Window 10 Pro, for mass test taker of 1000

Comments

• Youo can deploy on Windows, I would recommend running a load test against your implementatioon to determine your max concurrent users.

• Need for load testing noted.
    But my organisation is ready to provide adequate hardware required however I will like to know if the TAO platform software will can support 1000 concurrent user if all other criteria are ok

• Yes the system all things given should be able to do 1000 concurrent users.

• Even with XAMMP on Window?
  • As I said you'd be best to do a load test to determine what you can handle.

• Please read the Q/A "Is XAMPP production ready?" on that page: https://www.apachefriends.org/faq_windows.html
    "XAMPP is not meant for production use but only for development environments."
    This gives you the definitive answer.

Also, I would never use Windows as a web server as TAO recommends Apache 2 as the only web server to use.

TAO is able to handle much more than 1000 concurrent test-takers, but this requires a well-designed network infrastructure and persistence configuration. This is part of our know-how that we share with our customers.

Regards,
    Cyril