Forum

Duration time

Dear TAO- Team,
when exporting results from the back office, information about the time that a testtaker needed to work on the item is lost. Let s say a testtaker took 1:34 min to work on an item. In the exported csv-file only the seconds are noted (--> duration = 34.0000 s). Is there a solution about this problem yet?
Best regards

Comments

• You would need to convert the seconds

• edited January 15

Dear TAO-Team,
    are we talking about the same issue? In my opinion there is nothing I could convert. If I am checking the results in the TAO BackOffice, time that a testtaker spent with a specific item is given as follows: "PT3M17.402604S". When converting the results into a table, it says the duration was "17.402604". Or do I just not get it?
    Best regards

• Can you provide the whole line from the CSV?

• I attached the txt-file (csv did not work) and a screenshot of the back office result section

• There will be a fix for this in the next release so that the CVS reflects in seconds what is in the interface

• Hi Amy,
    I have the same problem. Is the problem fixed?
    If so: Is a new version released with the fix - or would I be able to get the update from github? (which files?)
    Thanks!
    Jeppe

• I am not sure in which branch and repo it was fixed in, I do know the fix will be in the next version release.

• I tried to install the development version of the extension, but I get the error below

Calling:
    composer require oat-sa/extension-tao-outcomeui

sudo php tao/scripts/installExtension oat-sa/extension-tao-outcomeui

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught An error occured during the installation of extension 'oat-sa/extension-tao-outcomeui'.
    thrown in /var/www/tao33/tao/helpers/InstallHelper.php on line 46

Now I cannot export anything.

Any idea what I did wrong?

• What PHP and TAO version are you on? Also you may need to install npm.

• I am using PHP 7.2.28-3+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 and TAO 3.3.0-RC02.
    I just installed npm and retried, but I get the same error.

• Amy, did you have an idea of what goes wrong here? It would be a big help to get the correct duration data out and into our analysis of the student responses.
    Thanks in advance for you help.

• @jeppebundsgaard

The right way to install an extension would be this:

sudo php tao/scripts/installExtension taoOutcomeUi

You have to use the name of the extension which can be found in manifest.php of each extension.

I hope this helps.