Forum

blank page after starting test

Hi everyone,
i created a test on TAO 3.1.0-RC7, but when my test takers start the test they get a blank page, although the starting page with start and end date of the test is visable.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks,

Marcel

Comments

• I am getting the same issue. This is a fresh install of 3.1. I was able to duplicate this issue by simply publishing the example test.

• Hi,

Do you have any error shown in the server error log or in TAO logs?
    To activate TAO logs, edit config/generis/log.conf.php accordingly.

Regards,
    Cyril

• I also have this issue. Fresh install 'TAO_3.1.0-RC7', debian 8.9, PHP7.0, Apache/2.4.10, mysql 5.5.57. Did install, able to create basic test questions, created test user and group. Created deliverable. Logged in as test user and selected test, I get TAO border (with user name and logout option at the top, and a blank page where the test should be.

Also, the preview option for the test items gives a '!500' when I click submit, but the black bar at the bottom seems to indicate it worked. Checked everything I can find and it looks to me like the question is setup correctly. It's a very basic multiple choice test.

• Unable to enable logging. TAO will no longer load if I uncomment the logging options.
    Above testing was done with Firefox (55.0.1 64bit)
    IE gives a server 500 error.

• Resolved for me. Solution was to roll back to PHP5

• Rather than getting a blank page, I'm getting errors, but it could be because I installed a development configuration. This is the error I'm getting:

Fatal error: Cannot use qtism\common\datatypes\Float as Float because 'Float' is a special class name in /var/www/html/taoQtiTest/helpers/class.TestSession.php on line 31

I'm still early in my investigation, but it looks like https://github.com/oat-sa/qti-sdk/tree/master/src/qtism/common/datatypes hasn't been built into the current release and is causing datatype mismatch errors. I'll report back after I've learned more.

• I had the same problem with GoDaddy hosting. Rolled back to PHP v5 and the QTI sample test worked fine.

• Hi donsmith,

TAO 3.1 is only compatible with PHP 5.6, not PHP 7.x.

Regards,

Cyril

• Thank you @Cyril_Hazotte. I came across that solution in other threads and it worked for me too.